Saturday, March 14, 2020

Anyone else overwhelmed?

It's been a while since I've posted. Life has been busy, but it looks as though I'll have more time on my hands for the foreseeable future as our school district has closed until...

I find myself overwhelmed. Overwhelmed at the vastness of the situation. Overwhelmed at the response of people to panic. Overwhelmed at thinking about the long term implications of this situation. Overwhelmed at thinking about how some of my students will handle this situation when the only two meals they eat a day are on our campus. Overwhelmed at how fast things are happening. Overwhelmed at all of  the unknowns. Just completely overwhelmed...

While everything out there is overwhelming, I take solace and find comfort in the fact that everything in here is just fine. We intend on spending our time together - reading, playing, laughing, and keeping the important parts of life as our focus.

My type-A personality is on overload trying to plan for how these next few days/weeks/months will play out both for my family, for my students, and for the families of the students I work with everyday. I don't have the answers, but I know that we will do the best we can with what we have.

I started a To-Do list today of things that I want to accomplish while we are hanging out at home. Today's task focused on deep cleaning the living room. I started deep cleaning and then got the idea to rearrange the furniture. No telling what my house will look like at the end of this experience. :-)

 Rearranged...

 Different perspective...

Stay safe, my friends. This too shall pass. 
H