Monday, March 23, 2020

Day Six --- Monday, March 23

It's really day ten if you count the weekends, but day six of work days - teaching my own students + helping my kids with their own school work + dealing with being at home for days...on...end.

 We started our day with pancakes...

Daisy taking her early morning nap...

It rained today. All day. When you're stuck at home the ability to go outside is key. We didn't get that option today. We're going stir crazy from being home + we're going even more stir crazy being stuck inside.

In between school work + our internet going in and out the boys built a fort. Trial and error, problem solving, and engineering are all important skills, right? 

I spent the majority of the day responding to messages and checking in on students. This is so bizarre and we're all trying our best to adjust.  

 I'm in my car! I'm escaping the house! Only to drive to Walmart and pick up a grocery order, but it felt great to be out and about in the world. 
Disclaimer - ignore the un-brushed hair + lack of makeup...we've been stuck at home for over a week now, people. 

 A rainy night calls for tomato soup and grilled cheese!

Yay for technology! Ellis got the chance to do a Google Hangout with his teacher and classmates tonight! He thought it was so cool and enjoyed seeing all of his friends. 

Tomorrow is looking like more of today...school work for the boys and school work for me. This new 'normal' is far from normal...I wanna go back to school... 

Take care, my friends!
H