Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day Thirteen --- Wednesday, April 1

Day thirteen (nineteen)...

 My morning snuggle buddy while I enjoy my coffee. RF was off watching cartoons and playing with the dogs, so he didn't have time to sit and snuggle. 

I started working on school work while the boys wandered outside and enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather. 

 Had to document wearing real pants (jeans) and a real shirt (light sweater)...

Our new refrigerator arrived today, so I spent the morning cleaning out our old one and getting everything ready to move it into the new one. We've been eating through most of the refrigerated and frozen foods since it wasn't cooling/freezing properly, so there wasn't much to clean out, thankfully. 

The new one arrived and the wonderful delivery guys got us set right up - we're all good now! 

 A gorgeous day, isn't it? 

 The boys decided to play a little baseball...

 Showing his littlest buddy how to swing...

 Ellis decided to practice swinging, too...

 And then Ellis decided to play outfield...

 And then Ellis decided to bat for a little while...

Now for the sad news...as I was cooking dinner my phone started blowing up with texts and notifications to check the news as the Governor of GA had officially cancelled the remainder of the school year. My heart broke. Into a million pieces. 

Teachers want to be in our classrooms with our students. It's what we do. We don't just teach our content, we care about them as people and to see their school year, especially for my seniors, cut short was a punch right to the stomach. 

The last nine weeks of a school year are incredibly busy and crazy, but it's my favorite nine weeks. We know our kids so well by that point in the year. They get us and we get them. The end of the year activities. The excitement of their Spring Break and summer plans and for the seniors, their post-high school plans. And it's the point at which we see just how much they have grown and developed over the course of the year. 

I knew they needed to hear from me, so I drafted a quick statement to make sure that they knew that we are as sad as they are and that we will support them through this. 


My teacher heart hurts...badly...