Monday, December 2, 2013

Bound

Today's Advent Photo-A-Day word is bound. I thought about this word all day today --- bound. What am I bound to? What is bound to happen? My books are bound within their covers. Huh…which definition of the term to focus on?

Today, two moments popped up that allowed me to see the term bound being used in my daily life with RF.

1. RF is bound to find food. Seriously, in the time it took me to shut his door, walk around my car, open my door and sit down, he had not only found a box of crackers on the seat, but was also proceeding to try and open the box.

2. RF and I are bound to one another in a way that cannot be experienced by anyone other than a mother and a child. We are tied to each other. RA and I have an obligation to care for him and teach him, to protect and nurture him. This second photo was taken after we had pulled into our driveway. I turned around and said," I love you, buddy" and put my hand on his knee to which he reciprocated by putting his hand on mine. I had just enough time to snap a photo before he spit out his pacifier and started saying, "dada, dada, dada" as he knew we were home and his daddy would be coming out to greet us.