Wednesday, March 5, 2014

16 weeks + 2 days...

How far along? 16 weeks on March 3 

Baby is the size of…an AVOCADO!

Maternity Clothes: Same as last week. I felt like I got huge pretty quick this go-round, but now I don't feel like I've gotten too much larger each week. Things seem to have slowed down a bit, so most of my clothes are still fitting pretty well. I did notice yesterday that I was still able to wear a pair of non-maternity jeans without my bella band, which makes me think even more that this pregnancy is carrying higher than RF did. 

Stretch Marks: Same as last week…nothing new.

Sleep: Still hit and miss, mainly because of all of the Mardi Gras craziness. We live about 2 blocks off of the main parade route, so our street is used as both a parking lot and as a major thorough-fare before and after parades. Since RF is in bed by the time most of the parades begin, all of the noise of folks leaving the parades has been waking him up. But thankfully, Mardi Gras is over so hopefully we will be back into a normal routine in the next few days.

Best Moment Last Week: Spending some one-on-one time with RF. Sunday we went to 5 Rivers and then yesterday, mainly to avoid the Fat Tuesday chaos of downtown, we drove out to the Estauriam at Dauphin Island. Needless to say, my inquisitive, active, observation-oriented little boy had a blast at both locations. 

Movement: Flutters, but I did notice that I was able to feel some of the flutters when I was standing up this weekend. Up to this point it was usually only when I was laying down, really still. Baby Hawk #2 seems to be enjoying himself/herself in there quite a bit. 

Food cravings: No major cravings, I just feel hungry overall all the time. I definitely have a more voracious appetite with this little one. 

Gender: Still no clue. 

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button – in or out? In

Wedding Rings – on or off? On 

What I Miss: Back pain was more manageable there for a week or two, but it is back with a vengeance. Hoping that my appointment on Friday will allow me to get some more information on what I can do to help the back pain wane a bit. I've been using my heating pad (on low heat) for a few weeks and while that helps the pain subside for a little while, it comes right back a few hours after getting off of the heating pad.

What I Am Looking Forward To: 16-week appointment on Friday and hopefully we will be able to schedule our gender ultrasound for later this month. 

Milestones: Congratulations are starting to come in from strangers. I was out and about on Monday and had two people in two separate locations tell me congratulations and ask when I was due. I suppose that means that it is now pretty obvious that I have a pregnancy belly and not just an 'I haven't gotten rid of my holiday weight' belly.

Baby Hawk #2 @ 16 weeks + 2 days...