Monday, March 24, 2014

19 weeks

How far along? 19 weeks on March 24

Joseph Ellis is the size of…a MANGO!

Maternity Clothes: Non-maternity pants are now starting to get tighter. Definitely going to be in skirts/dresses this spring/summer

Stretch Marks: Same as last week…nothing new.

Sleep: Same as last week. RF has been sleeping really well (7pm - 6am most nights, wakes up a bit earlier than 6am sometimes), which means mama and daddy have been sleeping well, too.

Best Moment Last Week: Getting the chance to introduce RF to his brother, Joseph Ellis Hawk. We took RF with us to the gender ultrasound on Friday. It took him a minute to focus on the screen where his brother was - he did no like the goo being put on my belly or the wand being rubbed over my belly, but once he caught a glimpse of the screen he gave us some smiles as he watched his brother move around. 

Movement: LOTS of movement. I could feel JEH's movement each time I saw him moving on the screen at the ultrasound. He is an active little boy - just like his big brother :-)

Food cravings: Back on the sweets again. Ice cream, candy bars, cookies, etc. I broke down and stopped by Panera one day last week and ordered a Cinnamon Crunch bagel with cream cheese. Bad, I know, but oh so yummy. 

Gender: It's a BOY! We will welcome Joseph Ellis Hawk into our family in August. As family is extremely important to RA and I, Joseph Ellis is named after both of his grandfathers. Joseph is his paternal grandfather's first name and Ellis is his maternal grandfather's middle name. RA and I could think of no two better men after which to name our second son. 

Labor Signs: Feeling some slight contracting (Braxton Hicks) here and there (once every other day or so) usually in the evenings after working all day and chasing around a 17-month old all afternoon/evening. Nothing intense and nothing worrisome.

Belly Button – in or out? In, but I'm thinking it may pop out this time around. I'm not even half way through this pregnancy and it is already getting pretty close to being an outie. 

Wedding Rings – on or off? On 

What I Miss: Daggum' heartburn. It is CRAZY this time around. I cannot go a day without it being an issue. 

What I Am Looking Forward To: Preparing Joseph Ellis's nursery. We are keeping RF in his room and using our second, smaller bedroom (currently RA's office) as Joseph's nursery. The walls are currently a soft yellow color and I am wanting to use navy with some pops of red. We shall see what pops into my mind over the next few months as we prepare for his arrival.  

Milestones: RA and I get to be the parents to two boys - how much fun is that? We are super excited about this new chapter. Also, we taught RF to say his brother's name this weekend. When you ask him his brother's name he will say "Sosef" (Joseph). Then you ask him his brother's middle name and he will say "Ellis". So excited for this new chapter with all three of my boys! :-)

Joseph Ellis Hawk @ 19 weeks…