Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Hiatus...

I rocked RF a little longer tonight than I usually do. I just wanted to stare at him. I have been feeling a roller-coaster of emotions the last few days as I know my summer with him is winding down. This week is our last full week together. I go back to work and he starts school on August 5th. I've been trying to focus on getting things organized and prepared so that the transition will be as smooth as possible. But tonight, I wasn't thinking about that. I was thinking about my baby boy and how big he has gotten and how much fun he is and how much I just want to freeze time and drink in every breath, every smile, every laugh, and every look of wonder. 

So this week, I'm taking a hiatus. 

I'm spending the week focusing completely on RF. Just he and I doing whatever we want to do each and every day. Spending time playing, smiling, snuggling, napping, and reading. My plans for this week include not having any plans. :-)

Aunt Haydn, RF and I drove down to Gulf Shores today to spend some time with Meme. The highlight of RF's day was splish-splashing in Meme's pool. 

He L-O-V-E-S the water...

Streams of water mesmerize him...he does the same thing when the water is running into his bathtub...

A happy baby and a happy mama... :-)