Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to Routine

It's that time again - back to school.

I spent this weekend cleaning, organizing and getting prepared for tomorrow morning - back to work for me and RF's first day of school. Feeling nervous is an understatement, but I know that he will do well. It's more saddness that I won't be able to spend every minute of every day with him, but excitement at all of the things he will learn at school. We even made homemade blueberry, chocolate chip and banana nut muffins this afternoon for his teachers, too.


RF and I had the most glorious week...simply glorious. I am going to miss this little guy so much each day. He is getting into the best stage - everything amazes him. I am already making a list of the things I want to do with him next summer.

What did we do together during our last week of summer?

We went to story time...

We napped...

We made homemade pizza...

We played with our toys...

We sang Disney songs...

We chewed on the rubber end of a measuring cup...

We watched Liberty's Kids...

We bonded...

We had eggs...

We spent some time at RF's school...

We clapped...

We also had our 9-month dr. appt. this week. RF is continuing to grow, grow, grow and our pediatrician gave us the go-ahead for pretty much any food except whole milk. I am still preparing the majority of RF's food. He eats like a champ - chicken, turkey, fish, cheese, yogurt, applesauce, peas, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, and the list goes on and on. We really haven't found found a food that he rejects yet.

Birth            10/24/12          9lbs, 7 oz         21 inches long
1 Month      11/27/12        11lbs, 8 oz         24 inches long
2 Months       1/9/13         14 lbs, 6 oz        25 1/4 inches long
4 Months       3/7/13         17 lbs, 2 oz.       27 1/2 inches long
6 Months       5/1/13         19 lbs, 12 oz.     28 inches long
9 Months       7/31/13        23lbs.               30 1/2 inches tall

Now that my weeks are going to be pretty busy again, I am planning to devote time each weekend for the next two months planning and preparing for my little nugget's first birthday. I know that first birthday parties are really for the adults in the child's life, so I am planning something small and low-key that brings in our love of simplicity and family.

Say a prayer for me tomorrow, this mama is going to be sad...