Thursday, June 6, 2013

The First of Many

I saw my child's blood today for the first time in relation to a boo-boo.

RF has been trying to crawl in the last few days. He gets up on his hands and knees and tries to move them, but then ends up falling on to his belly. Well today we were playing on the floor in our living room, he fell on to his belly and shifted a bit enough to clip the pedestal of our coffee table. There was blood and there were tears (his and mine).

Once RF calmed down a bit and I was able to clean the cut some I snapped a photo and sent it to Lola (who just happened to be at the office - 2 minutes from our house). She came right over and as I was calling the pediatrician's office to find out whether or not we needed to come in for stitches she was able to get a good enough look at it to see that it was more of a contusion/cut as opposed to a gash. Whew...no stitches but he will more than likely have a tiny scar.

Wanting to document the goings-on of our little boy, I figured a blog post was in order. One day I'll show him these photos and tell him about how on the 69th anniversary of the D-Day invasion he managed to earn his first rough and tumble little boy scar. 
His first real 'Ouchie'

Laughing it off...thinking he's big stuff with his bloody eyebrow.

Little boys and their boo-boos...