Monday, June 24, 2013

8 Months Old

We have an 8 month old bouncing baby boy. He is becoming more and more animated every day and I am absolutely loving all the time I am getting to spend with him this summer.

Eight Things RF Loves...
1. His mama --- a little bit of a mama's boy (which I'm ok with, by the way). When we picked him up from Lola's house yesterday, he wrapped his arms around my neck and nuzzled in to my chest. :-)

2. His daddy --- RA loves to make RF laugh - which he can usually do just by looking at him. RF lets out the loudest giggle when RA stands behind me and then pops out to one side, then he'll pop out to the other side, then he'll pop out above me --- RF just cackles. It's the best sound.

3. Food --- considering that he was a big boy when he was born and the fact that he's a Hawk, we figured he'd like to eat. Our favorite foods right now are carrots, green beans, peas, oatmeal, pears, and apples. He recently tried pumpkin and blueberries and enjoyed both of those as well.

4. His walker --- I had no idea he would love it as much as he does. I suppose it's the independence that it affords him and the chance to 'walk' around at his own speed. Or maybe it's the fact that he can chase after the dogs easier, either way --- he loves it. He did laps around Papa Tad and Lola's kitchen/living room this weekend. He has even figured out how to turn himself around when he gets cornered.

5. Water --- bath-time has never been a struggle with RF - he loves the water. He loves even more Papa Tad and Lola's pool. He spent more time swimming this weekend and was kicking his legs like a little mad man.

6. The grocery store --- I'm sure most of the folks in the store think I'm crazy as I walk past items and identify them to RF, but the kid loves the grocery store. He sits quietly in the buggy taking it all in, which is nice because I loathe going to the grocery store (seriously I'd rather clean the bathrooms and put up laundry).

7. Pulling up --- he has realized that he can pull up in his pack n' play. I heard him stirring from a nap one day, walked in to the living room and saw him standing up just a grinning at me. Silly boy.

8. His teeth --- we have two little teeth, although I can't seem to get a good photo of them because he is on the move so much. But he enjoys grinning really big to show everyone his new chompers. He realized that his teeth were sharp the hard way when he accidentally bit down on his own hand...ouch.

10/24/12

11/24/12

12/24/12


1/24/13

2/24/13

3/24/13

4/24/13

5/24/13

6/24/13