Saturday, June 1, 2013

First Week of Summer + My Birthday

Week 1 of summer was a success and I am looking forward to the next nine weeks of spending time with my favorite little boy. We were off work on Monday for Memorial Day and Tuesday was a teacher work day. After I had I wrapped up the 2012 - 2013 school year, I sprinted out to my car happy to have 10 weeks ahead of me to spend as I wanted to - mainly doing whatever I want to, with a few things I have to do sprinkled in. Wednesday and Thursday we mainly hung at home. RF has spent so much time on the floor crawling around that we rarely see him just sitting up playing with toys.

He is usually chasing (scooting toward) toys around the room. He gets frustrated when he gets almost to a toy and then swats at it only to have it move farther away from him. But to his credit, he is determined to chase after his toys and doesn't give up until he gets to it. He has even learned that if he can get the toy up against a wall or a piece of furniture that the toy will be easier to catch - smart boy :-). 

Since he is spending so much time on the floor (and outside), his clothes and his feet are getting those little dirt stains on them (while I hate doing laundry, I can't help but smile when I put dirty little boy clothes in the wash... :-). 

Thursday RA and I had to update our driver's licenses so we meandered down to the Satellite Courthouse in Fairhope with RF in tow. He enjoyed being out and about and of course, had all the ladies at the DMV smiling. 

Friday I had a meeting to attend, so RF spent his last official day with Lola as his caregiver. RA and I could never have asked for a more perfect caregiving situation for RF for the first seven months of his life. We are so thankful to Lola (and to Papa Tad) for taking her focus off of work most days in order to nurture RF. 

Today, I celebrated my 28th birthday. I woke up this morning to a smiling 7-month old staring at me, ate a delicious breakfast prepared for me by RA, enjoyed a cup of coffee while looking at a vase of beautiful morning glories from our backyard, scrapbooked while RF played with art sponges, spent time on the floor with RF playing, had time to make a weeks worth of baby food - including our newest food - green beans (which RF LOVED, by the way), had pizza for lunch, napped with RF and watched as he worked toward figuring out how a sippy cup works, had a homemade Mexican feast for dinner and Red Velvet cake ice cream for dessert. Quite a fantastic day, if I do say so myself.