Sunday, June 9, 2019

New Year, New Challenge --- June 3 - June 9

First full week of summer break recap is below! Thanks for checking in on our family. :-)

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 23 - My Childhood Memories
During a trip this week I was reminded of a very particular childhood memory.

I had the opportunity to stay at The Grand Hotel in Fairhope, AL this past week for a summer training event with my A+ College Ready teammates and as I was walking back from the gym one afternoon I heard a conversation that brought me right back to being 11 years old.

A woman was walking with her daughter and grandchildren and said, "I wish we could put the grandbabies in matching outfits and have a photographer take their pictures while they sit on one of the branches of these old oak trees."

I smiled and remembered all of those Sunday brunch events where my parents would take my sisters and I, in our matching Kelly's Kids outfits, to The Grand Hotel and before we indulged in the yummy food we would spend half an hour or so wandering through all of the oak trees. We'd climb up in the tree or sit/lay down in the grass and my dad would take our photograph.

I was at my dad's house this week and he still has those photographs of his three girls hanging in the hallway.

#memories

Photos of Our Week

Monday, June 3 


Not a bad view for my Monday afternoon workout...views of Mobile Bay are one of my favorite views in the world.

Tuesday, June 4 


Kicking off a week of teaching and learning!

Wednesday, June 5 


Of course it's a beautiful property with great restaurants and a phenomenal spa, but the #1 tell of amazing hotel accommodations for me (other than top-notch customer service) is a high-quality, soft robe. Gold star to The Grand Hotel!

Thursday, June 6 


Preparation and organization are vital to a successful week of training.

Friday, June 7 


For our last day of training, each participant in the social studies training academy had the opportunity to present a lesson and their peers as well as myself offered up their Glows and Grows. They did a great job and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to lead them through this process. #lifelonglearners 
#theresalwaysroomforgrowth

Saturday, June 8 


Early morning drive back home to GA...I love a good sunrise...

Sunday, June 9 

It's a rainy Sunday here in GA...definitely a great way to end a busy week of work and re-set for a new week of adventures with my two little boys. :-)