Sunday, August 5, 2018

2018 - Week Thirty-One Photos

Back to school! This week included Open House + the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL for both of the boys and mommy!

Check out Mr. Ellis's birthday post here, his LEGO birthday party here, our full month of July recap here, a full post about the First Day of School here.

Monday, July 30 --- Open House

 Ellis wasn't having it at Open House for his Pre-K class. 
#grumpy
 RF was super excited, albeit quite shy once we got to the school. He talked our ears off on the way, but once we were in the building and he saw all of the people and the hallways, I could tell some nervousness kicked in. 

Tuesday, July 31 --- Packing Lunch

 Cue the tears. Yep. I cried the ugly cry while I packed RF's lunch box for his first day of Kindergarten. It absolutely blows my mind that this day is here...

Wednesday, August 1 --- First Day

 He handled it like a champ, y'all! I held it together on the way to school and while I was walking him into his class and getting him settled, but once I got back out to my car and started my drive to work, more of the ugly cries came out. 
#imgladibroughtmymakeupbag
#shouldhavewornwaterproofmascara

 Ellis was very upset Wednesday morning when it was time to leave the house for school. This is the first time that the boys have gone to different schools and Ellis wasn't ready for his ride to school without his brother. He stood by the car and said, "But mama best friends go to school together. RF's my best friend. What am I going to do?" He is such a sweethearted little boy and he LOVES his big brother. Luckily, his teachers were able to get the smiles out of him once he got into his classroom and they got their fun first day of Pre-K going. 

Thursday, August 2 --- A Better Mood 

 Someone was in a MUCH better mood Thursday morning. He jumped up and said, "I gotta get dressed mama. I'm a big boy and it's time to go to Pre-K." 
As cute as he is, no, I didn't let him wear the sparkly red hat to Pre-K. Silly little boy. 

Friday, August 3 --- Ice Cream

 No doubt that making it through the first few days of school deserves a sweet treat on a warm Friday afternoon. 

Someone rocked his first three days of Kindergarten, including riding the bus from his school to my school each day. Such a big boy...

Saturday, August 4 --- Never Too Big

 He might be 40lbs and a big Pre-K boy now, but he knows that he will never be too big to nap in his mama's arms. 

Sunday, August 5 --- Science Kid 

When you capture a wasp in the house and your science-loving kid asks you to leave it under the glass for a few minutes so that he can study it before you release it back outside.

Cheers to the upcoming first FULL week of the school year!