Wednesday, August 1, 2018

2018 - 2019 First Day of School

We did it! We survived the first day of Pre-K for Ellis and Kindergarten for RF! YAY! I only cried for a few minutes while I was driving to work after dropping RF off at school. RA handled drop off for Ellis who was not a happy camper this morning, but got it together by the end of the day.

Leading up to the first day of school...Monday was Open House for both boys.

 His Pre-K name plate... 

 Mr. Grumpy refusing to take a photo next to his cubby. 

 I tried bribing him with a sucker, but this was as good as it got...

Nope. Still refusing to take a photo...

 This dude, on the other hand, was ready to go!
 As we were walking into his school he reached up and grabbed my hand and squeezed it three times (Once for "I", a second time for "love", and a third time for "you"). 

 He found his seat and a sweet gift from his teachers! 

 Kindergarten...
Y'all...he's going to kindergarten...

 He wandered around the room a bit and found the blocks and trucks. He knew he would like this class...

 Class of 2031!

 His class bulletin board! 

 Photo booth time! Ready for kindergarten!

 Photo with mama...

 And little brother joined in, too!
Go Bears!
Tuesday night we made sure clothes, lunches, and book bags were ready to go. Because Wednesday morning = the first day of school! 

 Time stamp on this photo was 6:32. He was up, dressed, and ready to go at 6:32. He wore his bookbag around the house all morning as he did his chores and kept asking me, "Can we go yet?"

 Seriously? I'm going to start crying again...

 Beside himself with excitement! 

 He even made his bed...with his bookbag on, of course. 

 Feeding the dogs...with his bookbag on...

 He said, "Kindergartners wear their bookbag on one shoulder, mama."

 On the other hand...this is how Ellis handled the first day of school...

 He's looking at my camera, but definitely no smile. 

 Still not having it...

 A little better...maybe? Yeah...not really. 

 Lunchbox in hand...READY TO GO!
Leading the way to his classroom...

 There. 
He. 
Goes. 

Already having fun! 

Because of their school schedule, RA drops off Ellis. He was MAD as a hornet this morning, but even 

He decided to give some smiles at school once he got going! 

 He made it to EHS! So proud of my Kindergarten boy! 

 More smiles this afternoon from Mr. Grumpy! 

 Silly boy. Grump this morning and happy as a lark this afternoon...
#fouryearold 

 A note about RF's day in his agenda...

On another note, it was also the first day of school for me! It was a great day. I've got some really awesome kids this year and I think its going to be one of the best! 
 I teach three different classes through the day, so I have to be organized. 

 Lots of decor on the walls this year...

 More decor...

 Side of the classroom and my desk...

Back of the classroom... 

It was a GREAT day and I cannot wait to see all that this school year has in store for the Hawk family!