Sunday, February 4, 2018

2018 - Week Five Photos

I thought we were getting over all the sickness, but this week RF had the stomach bug and Ellis was diagnosed with strep...again. Maybe next week there will be no mention of illness in my weekly photo post...fingers crossed.

Monday, January 29 - Something Man Made 

Our butcher block. RA is quite the woodworker. He's made numerous picture frames and shelves and even our bed.

Tuesday, January 30 - Simplicity

It's a box, y'all.
A box.
And they couldn't be happier.

Wednesday, January 31 - Inspirational

As I came into my classroom this morning (late because RF woke up sick during the night and is home from school again today feeling crummy), my eyes caught this article title that is hanging on my bulletin board. I spent the drive to work this morning feeling like life was beating me up, challenging me in ways that are making me mad, and having me question my success as a wife, mom, teacher, etc.. But then I saw this and was jolted back to reality. A fellow colleague's husband was killed in a car accident this past weekend. Yes, my kid(s) are feeling under the weather, but we're overall healthy. We're alive. We're together. There is always something to be thankful for.

Thursday, February 1- Written Word

So, its not very inspirational, but I am happy to turn the calendar on my desk to February. Hoping that this month involves no sickness for the Hawk family - we had enough of that in January, thank you very much.

Friday, February 2 - Favorite Love Song
Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful"
We danced to it at our wedding and from time to time we'll play it at home and dance to it. He's my person. And I'm his. :-)


Saturday, February 3 - Family

They may have four legs, but they are absolutely part of our family...

All three of our dogs have the sweetest, purest hearts and love, love, love their boys.
 
Sunday, February 4 - Vintage

Everyone has a wall of antique and vintage (mostly) books in their living room, right?
 
Hope your week is a great one!
H