Thursday, July 10, 2014

34 Weeks and 3 Days + The Fun Days of Summer with a Toddler

How far along? 34 weeks on July 7 

Joseph Ellis is the size of…a BUTTERNUT SQUASH!

Maternity Clothes: The weather this past week hasn't been completely unbearable, so shorts, tank tops and flowy dresses have been working for me.

Stretch Marks: Same old, same old. And my belly is starting to itch like crazy. Weird, I know, but just part of pregnancy for me. Same thing happened with RF about this point, too.

Sleep: Not the best, but not the worst. More flip-flopping from one side to the other and being woken up multiple times a night because my arm or hand has fallen asleep…fun, fun, fun.

Best Moment Last Week: I was putting RF to bed one night last week and he was rubbing my belly while JE was moving all about. Brothers bonding even before they officially meet…I love it.

Movement: Still an active little boy, just like his brother. 

Food cravings: Nothing major this week, just same old wanting to eat everything in sight feeling…sigh…

Gender: It's a BOY! 

Labor Signs: Haven't felt as many BH this week, but the few I have felt has been zingers - enough to make me squeal and one in particular that made RF say, "Mommy, ouchie."

Belly Button – in or out? Out 

Wedding Rings – on or off? Back-up wedding band only. 

What I Miss: Wine. I miss being able to sit down at the end of a long day with a nice glass of wine and just veg-out. Again, superficial, I know, but I'm pretty sure I'm to the point where I'm ready to meet JE, begin adjusting to our new 'normal' and enjoying all the things that I can't enjoy while pregnant (mainly coffee and wine).

What I Am Looking Forward To: Doing a blog post of JE's nursery and our upcoming weekend maternity session with Papa Tad and Lola. Can't wait to share the photos of both with everyone. 

Milestones: Last two week dr. appt. is scheduled for July 22nd - from then on out it's every week…definitely realizing that the end is upon us…maybe I should pack our hospital bags…yea, I should probably put that somewhere near the top of the 'To-Do List'.

JE @ 34 weeks + 3 days…
Please forgive the large stain on the bottom of my tank top. Apparently I made a little bit of a mess cooking dinner and had no idea the stain was there until I saw this photo…tells you how big my belly is right now...

The Fun Days of Summer with a Toddler 
RF has been a barrel of fun so far this summer. I have been taking him to school a few days a week so that I can get some things accomplished at home and rest, but our mornings and afternoons/evenings have been chalk full of FUN (with a few 'I'm a toddler and like to have meltdowns/tantrums' thrown in there). 

His vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds everyday and it is so nice to feel like I can actually (most of the time) communicate with him about what it is he wants/needs. Although, most of our meltdowns/tantrums are occurring when he is fully aware of what he wants, but doesn't know the words/hasn't realized that he can use his words to tell me what it is that he wants/needs. 

Even with those moments, I am loving soaking up the moments with him right now. He is such a cool, curious and sweet little boy. 


 Saturday morning fun - picking up daddy's hats and trying them all on... 

Next stop, reading the newspaper sale ads to Charlie...

And then it was time to wrestle with Snuggle bear...

I made brownies one night for RA and gave him the bowl 'dispose of' the leftover batter. I walk into the living room to check on RA and RF and this is what I find…CAUGHT! 

Then when I come back a few minutes later, RF has the bowl and the spoon on the floor and is making sure RA didn't miss any drops of batter. Isn't it great what dads and sons bond over? 

We had a playdate at the splash pad in Robertsdale last week, but this is about as close to the water as RF was willing to get. 

He decided instead that he was hungry, found a picnic table and said, "Eat." 

Two huge busses of middle-school aged kids showed up at the splash pad in Robertsdale, so we packed up the boys and headed to the fountain at the Eastern Shore Center instead. RF was a little more interested in the water there. 

That smile…EAT. IT. UP. 

Yea, this is much more fun, mama. 
(Apparently it was more fun than the other splash pad. We ended up crashing at Papa Tad and Lola's house for nap time because I didn't think we would make it back to Mobile before he zonked out and I was right - he took a three hour nap after his fountain fun day.)