Monday, July 21, 2014

36 Weeks...oh, wait - just kidding! He's here!

Joseph Ellis Hawk decided to make his debut a little early - 4 weeks and 1 day early.

6 lbs., 15 oz. --- 20 inches long --- 1:05 pm

Short version...
We decided to come on to the hospital about 4:30am Sunday as I was having some pretty painful contractions. We found out that I had a possible UTI and was dehydrated. After being checked by a nurse I was assured that labor had not yet started. I continued to have really painful contractions (seriously, RA's fingers are probably really sore today if not actually bruised) and when the on-call OBGYN checked me again I had progressed to 7cm...in two hours...with no pain medication. Within an hour and a half from that moment I was ready to start pushing and 15 minutes later (seriously, 15 minutes later) we laid eyes on our new little man and heard his first cries. 

What. A. Day. 

Long version...
One day later this week I'll post the more detailed version - lots of emotions yesterday, lots of emotions, especially when I saw RF after having JE. 

24 hours later, we are all happy and healthy. 


RF was a little too over stimulated to sit still for a family photo Sunday evening, so we will try again tonight.