Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Onward and Upward

I do believe 2012 was the best year of my life. RA and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary, we had a fantastic Babymoon up the East Coast and most importantly we welcomed Robert Franklin into our lives.

Ringing in 2013 was very similar to every other New Years Eve we have celebrated together - at home in our pajamas, cooking a meal together and catching up on our favorite TV shows, but this year we got to add hanging out with RF to the list of New Years Eve festivities which made it even more perfect of an evening.

We spent the first day of 2013 setting up our new bed (and deep cleaning our bedroom - deep cleaning any room has been on major hold since RF was born...) so that we could be prepared for our first night separated from RF. Since he was born RF has slept in a cradle beside our bed, but Christmas Day we began transitioning him to his crib. RF is now going between 5-6 hours without waking up, so with only one middle-of-the-night feeding, we knew it was time. For the last week RA and I have slept in RF's room (we have a full-size bed in his nursery), but tonight we are sleeping in our new bed, in our room. Needless to say I'm a nervous wreck. I spent time today setting up our baby monitor so that I can see RF in his crib, but I am still thinking I won't get much sleep tonight. This is just another monumental moment for me as a new mom...

While I am not a New Years Resolution-type person I am looking forward to continuing to do a few things in 2013...
- updating the blog regularly so that at the end of the year I can print all the posts and compile a book for RF to read one day
- adding one page a month to RF's scrapbook - I finished his first scrapbook which details from the time we found out we were pregnant to his birth and am now beginning one that will detail his first year
- organizing - with all the furniture we have I realized that I have not been utilizing the space as well as I should be - things are randomly tossed in drawers and cabinets all over the house. I have begun to take a more holistic approach in that I am working to organize our stuff into permanent calmness instead of temporary chaos
- spending quality time with my little family - RA and I enjoy the weekends where we realize on Sunday evening that we haven't left the house since we got home from work on Friday afternoon

Looking forward to a great 2013!
RA, Heather and RF