Sunday, October 6, 2019

Six Weeks Worth of Catching Up --- New Year, New Challenge --- August 26 - October 6

I'm six weeks behind, friends.

There are a number of reasons why I'm behind, but I can honestly say that other things took priority and in making those other things a priority I had to step away from the blog for a little while.

Luckily, things are getting back to normal and I feel like I can slowly begin returning to this space to share the goings-on of our little family.

It is hard to believe that it's already the beginning of October. Fall Break this week is just what I need to take some time to continue to focus on our family and the amazing blessings we have in our life.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 35 --- What I Miss Most About My Childhood 
The obliviousness to the complexities of life and the world in general. It's one of the things that I try to protect the boys from as I don't want them to be scared of the world around them but rather to embrace it and recognize that there is so much more good than bad.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 36 --- My Embarrassing Stories
Sheesh...there have been a bunch, but I'd say the most blog-appropriate embarrassing story is running into a glass full length window...I wasn't paying a bit of attention and ran right smack dab into it...ouch...

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 37 --- My Favorite Quotes Of All Time
- Accept both compliments and criticism. It takes both the sun and rain for a flower to grow.
- The best apology is changed behavior.
- The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
- Forget the mistake. Remember the lesson.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 38 --- Well Somebody Has To Say It
We need to get back to the moments where we can agree to disagree...just because someone thinks, feels, loves, etc. differently than you doesn't make you right and them wrong...it makes you different.  One of the reasons I limit my social media usage is to try and keep myself in check with this perspective. Life is way too short to participate in every argument that you're invited to. Politely decline the invitation and move on with what you think, feel, love, etc.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 39 --- A Life Lesson I've Learned
Life is complicated, tough, and not perfect, but it's also wonderful, and fulfilling, and exciting. Sometimes all of those things are rolled into one situation and you realize that in the complicated moments wonderful progress is made, and some of the toughest moments are the most fulfilling, and the imperfection of life is one of the things that makes it the most exciting.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 40 --- My Scariest Experience
Medical issues with myself, RA, the kids, for sure. Hospital admission for RF at 15 months old for double pneumonia and RSV, trips to the ER for busted chins for both RF and E, RA busting his knee wide open on a glass bookshelf and cutting his wrist while building a picture frame, and labor - first experience with RF was scary just because it was my first experience, but going into labor with Ellis was scary because he was a month early. Medical issues scare the heck out of me. Even routine blood work makes me scared/nervous/anxious.

Photos of Our Week(s)

Monday, August 26


Our three sweet pups in honor of National Dog Day...

Tuesday, August 27 


Snuggles and smiles as we read before bed...

Wednesday, August 28 


Homework each night consists of sight words + working on letter writing for Mr. Ellis...

Thursday, August 29 


Curriculum Night!
Friday, August 30 


L.A.Z.Y. beagle...

Saturday, August 31 


Ready to cheer on his bulldogs!

Sunday, September 1 


A snuggly Sunday morning with my babies...

Monday, September 2

After his shower (yes, he's started consistently taking showers...) he plopped down in bed and said, "Let's talk, mommy. I like just talking to you before I go to bed."

Tuesday, September 3 

Reading about sharks on our way to school...

Wednesday, September 4 

When you're a teacher's kid and mama has a faculty meeting, we find an out of the way location, grab a bag of animal crackers, and some paper and markers to occupy their attention...

Thursday, September 5 

Brothers doing homework together...

Friday, September 6 

College Spirit Day at their school - the Hawk boys were ready to cheer on the GA bulldogs! 

Saturday, September 7 

Buffalo chicken roll-ups, rotel dip, and chocolate chip cookies while we watch the Dawgs play...

Sunday, September 8 

A day trip to NC gave us this view...

Monday, September 9 

Garden is still producing + pomegranates are ripening, too! 

Tuesday, September 10 

Reading a book about the Titanic...

Wednesday, September 11 

Meme came back through Covington on her way home from a meeting, so we wandered downtown to Your Pie for dinner...

Thursday, September 12 

Sweet beagle girl snoozing in the sun...

Friday, September 13 

Helping mama get all of the decorations ready for the EHS Homecoming 2019 dance - the theme was glow in the dark! 

Saturday, September 14 


This one is like his mama - he likes to sleep on long car rides...

Sunday, September 15 
  
  I don't even know...eating Oreos, carrying around a Walmart pick-up gift bag while wearing a raincoat (sunshine all around outside)...sure, we'll just roll with it...goober!

Monday, September 16 

Enjoying time on their John Deere...one of their favorite afternoon activities...

Tuesday, September 17 

Grandparents Day - Ellis LOVES his Babu!

And his Nana!

Wednesday, September 18 

Grandparents Day, Part 2 for RF - he LOVES his Nana and Babu...

Thursday, September 19 

Picking touch-me-not seeds for Nana...

Friday, September 20 

FALL BOX arrived!

Saturday, September 21 

Spending the day farming at Jaros Farms!

Sunday, September 22 

She loves to sun herself...

Monday, September 23 

Very, very true...

Tuesday, September 24 

He loves windchimes...anytime he's in the front yard he makes sure to ring it...

Wednesday, September 25 

Y'all...this brought tears to my eyes...I'm so thankful that I have students who care about me...

Thursday, September 26 

Have to remind myself of this quite often...

Friday, September 27 

Perfection doesn't exist...

Saturday, September 28 

Spider lilies are popping up...fall is on the way...

Sunday, September 29 

Coffee on the back porch...

Monday, September 30 

Time to spin!

Tuesday, October 1 

Ellis is working hard on his numbers! 

Wednesday, October 2

He hates having to get up in the morning...he went back to bed after getting dressed!

Thursday, October 3 

Fall 2019 photos! 

Friday, October 4 

My reward for making it through a hectic week...

Saturday, October 5

Bet ya can't guess the theme of the next Hawk birthday party...RF's 7th birthday is quickly approaching!

Sunday, October 6 

Look at that manly man splitting wood for our winter wood pile! 

It feels really good to catch up on the blog and, fingers crossed, it won't be another six weeks before I post again. Thanks for checking in on our family. :-)