Sunday, August 4, 2019

Catching Up --- New Year, New Challenge - July 22 - August 4

What a busy past two weeks! The last week of summer + the first week of school made us super busy, but I'm finally taking a moment to catch up. With everyone getting back into a routine (and all on the same school schedule - HALLELUJAH!) we are figuring out our new normal with two kids in big school s

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 30 - Social Media Phenomenon
Social media is no-doubt a phenomenon...I wish more people would use it for good instead of bad, positive instead of negative. It's an amazing tool to keep people connected, but too many people use it for negativity and hate. I've come to the realization that I can't scroll through my social media accounts everyday. Number one, I don't have the time and number two, it makes me sad and anxious. Instead I tend to post things I want folks to see, check out family and friends who have commented on my posts, and checking a few groups and pages that spread positivity.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 31 - Time Management
As a busy wife, mama, and teacher I have to keep myself organized. There's always something going on in our family so my calendar is my best friend. And by calendar, I mean an old school paper calendar. I'm a tactile person - I like to write things down and see whole weeks/months at a time. I put a few things in my phone as reminders, but my paper calendar (and it's a five-year planner) is always with me.

Photos of Our Week

Monday, July 22 


Tons of fun with a bucket of water at Nana's house...

Tuesday, July 23 


RA searches for things on my phone and leaves them for me to see...so sweet..

Wednesday, July 24 


A trip to visit with the cousins included some pool time!

Thursday, July 25 


FaceTiming with mama...

Friday, July 26 


Open House 2019 - getting ready to launch the 19-20 school year! 

Saturday, July 27 


Happy 1st birthday, Toby!

Sunday, July 28 


RF's new pet shark that is staying at Nana's house...

Monday, July 29 


RF's happy to be home with his pupster, Gus!

Tuesday, July 30 


TWO boys ready to go meet their teachers at Open House! 

Wednesday, July 31 


One of my sweet students sent me this Wednesday evening as I was preparing everything for our first day of school - she's the best. :-)

Thursday, August 1 


First day of school - a kindergartner and a first grader! 

Friday, August 2 


It's a lazy Friday night for Daisy...

Saturday, August 3 


I think I've neglected my house plants this summer...they are looking pretty sad...

Sunday, August 4 


A day trip to Dahlonega allowed us the chance to see a cool waterfall! I love my little family. :-)

Our first FULL week of school is upon us - wish us luck!