Sunday, August 18, 2019

New Year, New Challenge --- August 12 - August 18

We made it through the second full week of school and are spending some time today prepping for the next full week - making lunches, setting out clothes for each day, prepping after school snacks, dinners, and packing my gym bag. Busy, busy, busy Sunday afternoon.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 33 - My Biggest Dream In Life
To live my life in a way that positively impacts others - my husband, my kids, my students. It's that simple folks. Do I have dreams related to my marriage, my children, and my work? Of course! But, those dreams first and foremost are centered in me wanting to be the best version of myself. If I focus on that, everything else will fall into place as long as the most important relationships in my life are on solid ground.

Photos of Our Week

Monday, August 12



Day 8 and already getting a note sent home for talking...imagine that...one of the Hawk boys talking too much in class...
Tuesday, August 13 



#homework 
#spellingwords 

Wednesday, August 14 


Morning car rider line with my boys! 

Thursday, August 15 



That is one of RF's molars...he had a toothache about 2 weeks ago and a trip to the dentist showed that his tooth that cracked when he fell and busted his chin back in 2016 had re-cracked enough for a little bacteria to get in and cause an infection. He had to do 10 days of an antibiotic and then we had to go back in for the dentist to pull the tooth and put in a spacer as his adult molar won't come in until he's 12 or so. Not the most fun afternoon, but he did much better than I thought he would. A few days of rest + a container of ice cream will have him back to his energetic self. 

Friday, August 16 



With RF staying at home to rest after having his tooth pulled yesterday I had to bribe Ellis in order to get him out of the house, so I promised him an early morning adventure with mama to get a donut before school. 

Saturday, August 17 



Gardenias always bloom around my birthday in early June, but the past few days there have been a few last minute blooms before fall sets in...

Sunday, August 18 


Of all of the magazines we subscribe to, this one is definitely my favorite. We love Maine. Love, love, love it. We are counting down to our trip next summer!


Thanks for checking in on us! We wish you and yours a great week!