Sunday, April 28, 2019

Catching Up, Again --- New Year, New Challenge - April 15 - April 28

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 16 - What I Do To Recharge

Depends...if it's been a hectic day or week and I need some quiet time, then I usually take a nice, hot bath with candles and Zen music or if it's nice out, go lay in the hammock and just listen to the birds chrip. If it's just that I need some me time away from RA, RF, and E, then it's usually a trip to Target or TJ Maxx.

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 17 - My Favorite TV Shows 
My favorites that I can binge watch are Friends, NCIS, and The Crown. I know every word to every Friends episode...and I love, love, love Mark Harmon...and there is something so incredibly enchanting about the royal family. We also watch The Andy Griffith Show and Jeopardy on the regular in our house.

Photos of Our Week

Monday, April 15
Ouch. As I was getting out two large platters from our cabinet, I dropped them and they both landed vertically (edge) on the top of my foot. Big bruise and super swollen, but pretty sure it's not broken. 

Tuesday, April 16
Filling Easter eggs for his class Easter Egg Hunt...and sneaking a few Hershey kisses for himself as he worked...

Wednesday, April 17

Still bruised and swollen two days later...

Thursday, April 18

Taking a look at our calendar, the next six weeks are ridiculously busy...three or four things that are due/happening/have to be prepared for each day. Come on summer break...

Friday, April 19

This little guy was so excited to see his daddy at his Spring party! 

Saturday, April 20

How I spent my Saturday...propped up. Still swollen, sore, and tingling pain which a full work week being on my feet all day didn't help...

Sunday, April 21
Happy Easter!

Monday, April 22

How the coffee table in our living room looks most afternoons...

Tuesday, April 23

After a challenging week, behavior-wise, last week, RF had a second day (this week) of not having to pull sticks for his behavior. He's learning, I know, but sometimes when they have to be corrected for the same thing (talking when not supposed to and not following directions - usually because he was talking and didn't hear the directions...) over and over again, it makes you question your parenting abilities...

Wednesday, April 24
Happy 6 1/2 birthday, RF! 

Thursday, April 25
Spring 2019 photos...they may be expensive, but I can't not get their school photos...so stinkin' cute. 

Friday, April 26 
Poor Ellis. Today was Field Trip Day for him (and I was going, too) with his Pre-K class, but he woke up in the middle of the night vomiting and was running a fever, so we couldn't go. He spent most of the day either on my bed or on the couch asleep. Luckily, he had great protection in the form of two snuggly beagles. 

Saturday, April 27
Now this is a story. If you look at the bottom of the photo, you will see two holes - one in the ground and one in the tree stump. A family of chipmunks lives in the two holes. RF heard them chirping (sound like birds) this morning and decided that he was going to study them. So, he asked his daddy for a notebook to write down all of his observations and off he went. He stayed near his daddy's car while writing down his observations (where they lived, how many there were, what they ate, whether or not they are an endangered species...) so that he wouldn't startle them. 

Sunday, April 28
Day trip today to local state parks. The boys are enjoying a lesson about the old mill foundation that is just outside of the view of this photo at High Falls State Park. 

Hope everyone has a great week as we usher in the month of MAY! 25 days and counting...