Sunday, March 24, 2019

New Year, New Challenge --- March 18 - March 24

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 12 - My Inspiration To Blog 
My family.

I absolutely love when older generations can look back at a photograph or a particular item they've saved and tell the story surrounding the moment that photograph was taken or where they acquired the item.

As a child/grandchild/daughter-in-law of parents/grandparents/in-laws who do that, it's always a special conversation to have the chance to remember a particular moment you may have forgotten about or learn about a moment you didn't know had happened. Stories are the fabric of our lives for sure and I take heart in knowing that I'm documenting the experiences of our lives. Some of those experiences are more painful than others, but each holds a story, a lesson, or a memory that shapes our family story.

So, in order to keep a record of all of the happy, silly, sad, funny, exciting, and somber moments of life...I blog. :-)

Photos of Our Week

Monday, March 18

Happy 3rd Birthday, Gus and Daisy!

Tuesday, March 19

RF recently learned to tie his shoes, so when he was working on earning another badge at Cub Scouts that involved doing things independently he was able to show his den leader that he was on his way to adding the "I'll Do It Myself" belt loop to his Cub Scout belt!

Wednesday, March 20

Mr. Ellis was Star of the Week this week! RA and I got to swing by his school for a quick program and eat lunch with him! Way to go, Ellis! 

Thursday, March 21

Spring had definitely arrived!

Friday, March 22

I had to make a trip to Athens Friday afternoon to pick up a t-shirt order for school, so I decided to swing through downtown to pick up Little Italy subs for RA and I for dinner. Downtown was pretty busy so I parked at the courthouse right in front of the double-barreled canon. I love (and really, really, really miss) Athens, GA.

Saturday, March 23

DAYTRIP! We meandered over to north Alabama and visited Natural Bridge, Rickwood Caverns, and Cheaha State Park. My outdoor, nature-loving boys had a blast! We've got another FUN trip planned for next weekend as we introduce the boys to the state of Kentucky and Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill. They are going to love it!

Sunday, March 24

Spring has sprung so the windows are open! 

We are looking forward to a great week and most importantly we are five days from SPRING BREAK! Have a wonderful week, my friends!