Sunday, February 17, 2019

New Year, New Challenge --- February 11 - February 17

We've enjoyed a few days off this past week plus a few more next week with mid-Winter Break and it's been super nice not to have such a demanding schedule.

I love my job, but I also love our breaks. Teachers need time to re-charge (and so do the students)!

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 7 - My Biggest Pet Peeve
Lack of preparation. 100% my biggest pet peeve. 

My type-A personality does not understand or accept not having a plan/process/to-do list. I'm a hand-written calendar person, so whenever something new pops up, it gets added to the calendar. At the beginning of the month + at the beginning of each week I make sure I know what's coming up schedule-wise. I can't stand surprises when it comes my schedule, so making sure that RA and I are on the same page about events, school drop-off/pick-up, traveling, etc. makes life so much stinkin' easier.

This pet peeve even plays out in my classroom as I give my students an assignment sheet at the beginning of each unit that maps out EVERYTHING we are doing within that unit - class assignments, readings, quizzes, tests, essays, etc. - in an attempt to help them learn to manage their time.

With all of that said, I'm not so type-A that if there's a change to the schedule/calendar that I freak out or have a melt-down. I'm really good about making adjustments when/where they are needed, but knowing that we have a general game plan (and a routine...I like routines) in play makes life so much less stressful for my little family.


Photos of Our Week

Monday, February 11 ---  Naps

Ellis was still a little under the weather Monday, so an afternoon nap was just what he needed to get him back to his silly, happy self. 

Tuesday, February 12 --- Artwork

I love getting artwork from the boys. This one is from Ellis and I LOVE his descriptions of our family members!

Wednesday, February 13 --- Bedside Table

Books, a houseplant, earbuds, a LEGO creation, Vick's vapor rub, a sweet note from RA, and a coaster. 

Thursday, February 14 --- Happy Valentine's Day

Gummy bear valentines for their friends, a John Deere valentine truck, smiles from E and RF at E's ice cream party at school, and my favorite - my gift from RA - a map of where I'm from, where he's from, and where we are making our lives together. :-)

Friday, February 15 --- Coffee Cup

With a to-do list as long as mine, this is is how I'm feeling...

Saturday, February 16 --- Snuggles

Luckily they are cute because they are super lazy. 

Sunday, February 17 --- Fort Pulaski

Today was an adventure day for us, so we headed over to Savannah to explore. Our stops included the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum, The Pirate's House for lunch, Fort Pulaski, and Tybee Island Lighthouse - a total boy fest for my three guys.