Sunday, February 3, 2019

New Year, New Challenge --- January 28 - February 3

Check out January 28 - February 3 for the Hawks below!

52-Week Blog Challenge --- Week 5 - My Favorite Holiday
I definitely don't think I can pick the one holiday that is my absolute favorite...

I love Valentines Day with all of the Valentine creations - Valentine boxes for the boys + Valentine treats for their classmates + red roses + chocolate.

I love Mother's Day/Father's Day because of all of the handmade crafts that the boys make for RA and I.


I love birthdays...any excuse to plan a themed party is definitely fun to me!

I love Halloween/Thanksgiving because of the cooler fall temperatures, costumes, and cooking for family.

I love Christmas because of the fun of Christmas events - breakfast with Santa, holiday parties, yummy holiday snacks + fun crafts, picking out gifts for everyone/seeing excitement on their faces on Christmas morning, decorating the house with all of the Christmas decor, oh my goodness - so much fun!

Any excuse to celebrate is exciting and totally worth it for me. The planning process is fun and somewhat cathartic as I get to be my version of creative + do something that makes other people smile. :-)

Photos of Our Week

Monday, January 28 - Sunset in GA

Gorgeous sunset in GA on Monday!

Tuesday, January 29 - Post-Dinner Activities

A warm fire, a sweet puppy, and an episode of The Andy Griffith Show makes for a great Tuesday evening in the Hawk house. 

Wednesday, January 30 - FabFitFun

I love surprises. And new products. So, enter FabFitFun - a box full of surprises four times a year! 

Thursday, January 31 - Repeat of Tuesday

We pretty much have the same routine every night, so it makes sense that these two got comfortable for their post-dinner episode of The Andy Griffith Show. We instituted a no screen time during the week rule at the beginning of the school year, but we make one exception and that's to watch one episode of TAGS every night together as a family.

Friday, February 1 - We Made It To Friday

Warm fire, warm blanket, and a glass of wine to round out a LONG week...

Saturday, February 2 - Fire Pit

 It was warm enough to fire up the fire pit and eat dinner outside. The boys played well past dark while RA and I sat by the fire and chatted. 

Sunday, February 3 - LEGOS

 Sunday morning LEGO creations. The Hawk boys love LEGOS and will spend hours building + creating storylines that go along with what they've built. I absolutely love seeing their imaginations at work. 

Moving into the first full week of February with the excitement that the next two weeks are half weeks due to Mid-Winter Break. Gearing up for some fun adventures mid-month! We hope you and yours have a great week!