Tuesday, May 27, 2014

28 Weeks + Memorial Day Weekend FUN!

How far along? 28 weeks on May 26 

Joseph Ellis is the size of…an EGGPLANT!

Maternity Clothes: Still keeping it going with the shorts, skirts, tank tops, and flowy, empire-waisted dresses.

Stretch Marks: My belly feels super tight right now, so yea, I'm sure new stretch marks are popping up all over.

Sleep: I think we have another round of teething upon us. RF has had a few rough nights of waking up (maybe he's helping me prepare for every 2-3 hour feedings when JE arrives). Fortunately, I've been able to soothe him back to sleep pretty quickly and get back to sleep myself, but these nights have reminded me just how different uninterrupted sleep is from interrupted sleep - even if it's the same total number of hours, it's not the same on the body.

Best Moment Last Week: RF walking on the beach for the first time. He was amazed at all the sand. He was definitely not a fan of the waves crashing along the beach, though - which is fine with me - there are jellyfish, sharks and all sorts of other critters in the water that I am terrified of, so I completely get his disinterest in the gulf water.

Movement: Full belly movement when he moves now. You can see it shift from one position to another. Crazy to watch. 

Food cravings: Yep, still just want to eat. Candy, pasta, fruit, grilled cheese sandwiches - you know, whatever I can get my hands on. 

Gender: It's a BOY! 

Labor Signs: Keeping it consistent with a few BH contractions here and there.

Belly Button – in or out? Out 

Wedding Rings – on or off? I've made the transition to my back-up titanium wedding band. My rings are officially too tight. I swell so badly during the heat of the summer + being pregnant that I knew it wasn't going to be long before they were being stored in the jewelry box until after JE's arrival. 

What I Miss: My car being clean. Superficial, I know. But I was noticing it this morning - it's a disaster. Between the books, goldfish, veggie straws, zippy cups, stroller, etc., it's crazy how messy it is. I know I'm in for it for the next few years, but sheesh, I really should do a better job of cleaning it out more often. 

What I Am Looking Forward To: RF's 18-month check up tomorrow and then my last once-a-month check-up next week. After that we will be down to every two weeks - almost there! 

Milestones: We made it to the THIRD TRIMESTER! YAY!

JE @ 28 weeks + 1 day…


Memorial Day Weekend FUN! 

We spent Saturday and Sunday at the beach with my mom and sisters and RF had a blast. I think he enjoyed the change of scenery and while it wasn't very relaxing for me (hard to relax when there's a 19-month old near the water…), I know he enjoyed every minute of it. 

Did you say "the beach", mama? YAY! 

Shopping with Aunt Hartley...

No need to strain yourself pushing me in my stroller, mama - I got this. 

Rocks, mama. Look at all these rocks...

YAY! Pool time with Aunt Hartley! 

Swimming like a fish...

A happy little boy - he loves the pool...

Beautiful blue skies on Saturday in Gulf Shores...

So much fun to fill up his bucket and then dumping the water out. Each time he lifted the bucket he would say, "heavy" in a super dramatic voice. 

And it wouldn't be a day in the life of RF without taking all of the kitchen utensils out of the drawers and cabinets at the condo...

Walking on the sand for the first time...

Heading down to the water for the first time...

And that's about as far as he got - he was not a fan of the waves and how his feet would sink into the sand after the water crashed on the shore...

Such a pretty view...

I asked him where the water was and he pointed to it. I then asked him if he wanted to go get in the water and he promptly said, "No." 

A little boy on the beach...

Eating pizza at 9AM - that's ok to do while you're on a mini-vacation, right? 

Getting ready to go on the dolphin cruise...

Dolphins! 

RF missed part of the dolphin cruise as he was super tired and napped for about an hour. Once he woke up, he was able to see a few dolphins before he noticed the vacuum cleaner on the boat. I spent the last 45 minutes of the dolphin cruise trying to distract him from attempting to play with the vacuum. 

Distracting him by letting him 'mix' the water in my cup with his pacifier - whatever it takes, sometimes - whatever it takes. 

Homemade white chicken pizza on Memorial Day...

A starfish RF found on the beach Saturday night…

Lots of fun in our future as tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer, other than a few meetings here and there. Excited to get some house projects accomplished and spend some time with my little boy. Yay for summer!