Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Had No Idea

Since being pregnant and giving birth I have learned so much. I have learned things about the human body, I have learned things about maternal instincts, I have learned things about myself, and I have learned about things I had no idea even existed - enter consignment sales.

My first experience with consignment sales was about a month before I had RF in Mobile at Kidz Klozet (great business run by great women). I went in with a very specific list of things I wanted to look for like a boppy pillow, a sound machine, a snuggle nest (best thing EVER for newborn babies, in my opinion - thanks Casey!), and a bathtub among other things. I tried to stear clear of the clothes because I was completely overwhelmed at the shear vastness of the racks. I came out with exactly what I had on my list - every single item. I was completely amazed. I spent $100 on items that would have cost me more than $300 if I had paid retail for them.

Tonight I had another such experience at the Savvy Mom Sale in Spanish Fort - complete success. Since our little one is growing like a weed I went in focused on clothes. I ended up with 11 onesies/shirts, 7 pairs of pajamas, 4 pairs of pants/shorts, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 sets of blocks - one cloth, one wood, and 1 cloth book ---- all with a grand total of $52. Just from the items that still had the tags on them I totaled the retail cost to be over $150.

Being a mom opens your eyes to all sorts of things and I am completely happy that the term 'consignment sale' has been added to my vocabulary.

my finds 

Sunday morning bed-head :-)