Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Confession

Ok...here it goes.

RA and I went out on a date last night...without RF...for the first time since he was born...yes, he was born three and a half months ago...

In all fairness, RA and I aren't really 'go-out' type people. Our date nights usually involve either a) ordering dinner and bringing it home or b) cooking at home together. We prefer to be at home - I suppose it is somewhat hermit-like, but for us it's just perfect.

Anywho - RF stayed home and played with Meme while we enjoyed a nice dinner and the symphony. RA bought us tickets to the Mobile Symphony's performance of American Masters: George Gershwin featuring Benjamin Grosvenor on the piano and it was fantastic! The music selection was classic, the orchestra sounded amazing and Benjamin Grosvenor is an incredible pianist.

In other news, RF is continuing to melt our hearts. He is such a smiley baby that I can't stand it - I just want to (and many times I actually do) kiss his little face all over. He is going through a bit of a sleep regression/teething/growth spurt thing that has our routine a bit out of whack, but everything I read says that it is normal for his age. We have our four month dr. appt. coming up soon, so we will be sure to get our pediatrician's thoughts on everything as well. RF is becoming so much more mobile, too - rolling over everywhere - even in his bed at night while he's asleep, trying to 'scoot' himself around by kicking his feet or pushing on us when he's on his tummy, and he loves to stand up on our legs when we hold him.

Mommy Thought For The Week: 
Once I drop off RF at Lola's each morning I use my 20 minute drive to work as a mommy-time/reflection-time. Last week I had a realization about just how much RF has changed my life in the non-obvious ways.

I have never been a morning person. I love to sleep and morning time generally signals an end to sleep-time - boo. But since having RF, I have realized just how much I look forward to the mornings. Waking up and seeing his smiling face, brewing a pot of coffee, getting things ready for the day and driving across the bay as the sun is coming up while listening to Ray Charles as we head to Lola's house. In high school (and in college), I got up in enough time to get dressed, throw my hair into a pony tail and drive to school - nothing more. Amazing how life shifts...just amazing.
Why wouldn't I want to get up each morning when I know I get to see this face? 

Napping in his swing at the office