Tuesday, July 11, 2017

End of the 16-17 School Year, Beginning of Summer 2017

Has it really been six weeks since I updated the ole' blog? Since I'm out of town this week at a training in AL, I have a few free minutes to myself in the evening and am going to play catch up on a few blog posts.

As the school year drew to a close and summer began the busy schedules kicked into high gear and things have been CRAZY for the Hawk family since early June.

But, I will take a moment to review the last few weeks, including a separate post about the FABULOUS vacation RA and I took to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary.

End of the School Year Program
RF had an end-of-year program celebrating the end of his preschool years and the beginning of his official school years (tear...).

Mrs. Margie and Mr. Joe drove in to see RF at his program and RF was so excited to see them. RF did a great job, although he was a little hopped up on sugar - it was also ice cream day at school - :-)

The kids went through their morning circle time routine including the calendar and the pledge (RF led the pledge), they sang a song (No More Monkeys Jumping On The Bed) and ended the program by showing their families just how much they have learned about the alphabet, shapes, and colors.

They were the cutest kids ever. Each kid was presented a certificate and just like that my baby boy was finished with preschool and ready for Pre-K. We made sure to get a photo with his teachers and picked up take-out Mexican to celebrate his big day. So proud of our first born baby boy.


First Day of School (August 1, 2016) and Last Day of School (May 26, 2017)
These two boys grew A TON this school year! It is so much fun to see how much they have changed in the span of one school year. We're excited to see how much they grow and change in the upcoming 2017 - 2018 school year.


Oh, The Places You'll Go
I love traditions and family traditions are my absolute favorite. I saw this idea a few months ago on Pinterest and instantly knew I wanted to do it for the boys. I already had one copy of the book, so I ordered a second copy and typed up the letter to their teachers. I've kept the book and the letter in an envelope and am crossing my fingers I can remember to send it to be signed at the end of every school year with the goal of giving it to the boys when they graduate from high school.



Teacher Gift Baskets
We love, love, love teachers and are incredibly fortunate to have the boys in a school that has the absolute best staff. Every person in their building is invested in the kids - their well-being, their academic success, and their emotional and social growth. As a thank you the boys and I put together a little end of the year gift basket that included a magazine, a beach towel, a hand painted (by the boys) initial plaque, gum, candy, a candle, lemonade mix, nail polish, and Burt's Bee's chapstick.


Sweet, Sweet Summertime
Summertime with these boys is the BEST. :-)

Red Nose!

Morning snuggles during cartoon time...

He was drinking his 'coffee' in one of my coffee cups...he thought he was the coolest kid ever...

SMILES! And apparently a tongue from Ellis...

First fire pit night of the summer...

This boy loves his daddy...

"I'm not tired, mama - I don't need a nap." He then climbed in the chair next to me (with his shorts on inside-out) and fell asleep in this position.

A little work in mommy's classroom...

After picking up the dry-cleaning, RF spotted a trash truck so we had to sit and watch it pick up the industrial trash can and empty it into the truck.

A boy and his dog...

Sweet summertime = ice cream!

Yummy!