Sunday, August 18, 2013

All Three Rolled In To One...

It's officially over. Summer's gone and back to school is here.

Sad+Excited+Thankful = How I'm feeling right about now.

I'm sad because I'm going to miss this face all day...
He's such a ham...

I'm excited because I work in an amazing school, with fantastic colleagues and am teaching a new class this year.

I'm thankful because RF and I have had the most perfect time together this summer.

The two videos below are two of our favorite afternoon activities.



RF has really changed in the last few weeks. He consistently recognizes his name, he can point to his toes when you ask him to, he lets go from furniture and stands on his own and he is rocking the 'trying new foods' thing - the kid will eat anything!

Being a mom is hard work (really hard work), but oh so worth it. RF has made me a morning person and I really enjoy our drive across the bay each day as the sun is rising, but I'll tell ya - there's nothing like that look on his face when he sees me each afternoon as I walk in the door to pick him up - pure joy. He crawls over to me, pulls up on my legs and I scoop him up while he pats me on the back, grins from ear to ear and opens his mouth wide to give me a kiss - melts. my. heart.