Monday, December 24, 2012

RF's First Road Trip

Friday, December 20 we set out on our first road trip with RF. Our destination Friday was Perry, GA with a trip to Albany, GA on the schedule for Saturday before returning to Mobile on Monday morning - total round trip 900 miles...with an 8 week old. The potential for disaster was high, but we maintained one of my teacher/parent mantras - 'Be Proactive, Not Reactive' - and luckily RF responded well to our travel plans.

We're on our way!

We made it to Nana's house - now I can STRETCH out!
 
All ready to go to Albany - looking like a handsome little man!
 
One of my favorite activities - napping!
 
Four generations - Robert Alan's grandmother (holding RF), his mother and Robert Alan.
 
Back at Nana's house playing with the puppies :-)
 
Grady watching over RF while he eats :-)
 
Ladybug and Giraffe entertaining RF on the trip back to Mobile
 
I'm fairly certain he was thinking, "I love you mom, BUT I'm over all the car rides - are we almost home?"