Friday, July 23, 2010

Patience

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a planner. It is in my nature. I do not like being faced with last minute situations where I have to make a quick decision as I want to have time to contemplate all of my options before making a choice. Now, don't get me wrong, I am fine with spur of the moment outings and such when I have no schedule or list of things to get done. I just prefer to know if there are things that I HAVE to get done and what my time frame is.

Well all that to say that the good Lord is teaching me patience this summer. I began the interviewing process for teaching jobs here in Mobile last October. At that time, both schools I interviewed with indicated that they would have openings.

Fast forward to early/mid May. Both schools then began to waver -they might have a job for me, they might not. GREAT - the planner in me began the job search very early and now I am having to look at other options in case these two jobs fall through.

Fast forward to early July - both schools told me there was a slim chance of a job opening. GREAT again.

Continue on to this past week - both schools submitted my name to the Board of Education for hire.

This rollercoaster has had me physically sick for the last few weeks and I am just now beginning to understand that throughout the whole process, there was a lesson to be learned. It took me completely releasing my control and realizing that what is meant to be, is meant to be.

Additionally, with less than 72 hours to go before Robert takes the bar exam, stress still has its ugly grip on our household, but reminding myself that a positive attitude can go a long way is key.

My hope is that this next week will provide a sense of calm and that the world will return to a normal pace instead of the whirlwind speed of these last few months.