Tuesday, January 30, 2018

2018 - Week Four Photos

We're off to an interesting week here in the Hawk house. Both boys were diagnosed with the dreaded FLU on Tuesday, so our lives are full of coughing, sneezing, whining (them and me --- I hate it when my kids are sick!), and trying to get them to take their medicine (its a total nightmare with my two...total nightmare).

Monday, January 22 - Pattern

This photo was taken at 5:36pm on Monday evening. This is totally out of the norm for my boys. They never, never, never voluntarily go to their bed and fall asleep. This 'not-part-of-the-usual-afternoon-pattern' had their mama worried...and rightly so (see Tuesday's photo).

Tuesday, January 23 - Goal

Disinfect all the things! My goal Tuesday once I got them home and settled in on the couch was to disinfect EVERYTHING in our house. Lysol + hot water in my washing machine were my best friends. Thank goodness for Tamiflu! I had to call six pharmacies before I found one that had the exact number of bottles left that I needed to fill their prescriptions. Praying that it kicks in soon and my boys get back to their bouncy, active, happy selves.

Wednesday, January 24 - Music

YouTube is my best friend when it comes to music. At work this is always playing in the mornings before school and during my planning period. It is relaxing, gentle, and just enough background noise to keep my brain focused on work-related tasks.

Thursday, January 25 - An Important Person

This woman, y'all. She has been there for us through so many tough situations. There's never a hesitation in her response to come help when we need her. I have absolutely no idea what I would do without her. Grandparents are the simply the best and RF and Ellis are lucky to have a Nana and Babu, a Meme, and a Papa Tad that love them so, so, so much.

Friday, January 26 - Smile

Smiles, my friends. Hopefully these sweet smiles mean that these two are on their way to recovery. This flu is NO JOKE.

Saturday, January 27 - A Building

Saturday and Sunday I was super sick. I stayed on the couch ALL DAY, so I didn't take any photos this weekend, but was able to capture a photo on Monday as I strolled (sickly) into this building to pick up yet another prescription to try and get myself (and my whole household) feeling back to normal.

Sunday, January 28 - Something You Bought

While I am UBER-thankful for modern medicine, I am tired of spending money on prescriptions. Sickness needs to leave the Hawk house NOW!
 
I am hoping that next week's photos have a very different tone from this week's photos and that they involve nothing but happiness, smiles, and tons of fun for the Hawk family.