Monday, October 14, 2013

FHS Homecoming 2013 + A Perfect Fall Weekend

The past few weeks have been break-neck speed for the Hawk family, but everything has finally calmed down a bit - just in time for RF's birthday and the holiday season to pick the speed back up again.

Part of my work duties this year was to plan and execute Homecoming - the parade, the half-time presentation of the court and the dance. It was a long few months of planning, but everything came together quite well. A few photos of the dance decorations are below. Our theme was Pirate Fest - like Hang Out Fest.





Mrs. Margie and Mr. Joe were in town this past weekend and we had the best time hanging out in the great weather. RF loves...absolutely LOVES his Nana and Babu. Friday afternoon we loaded RF up and headed to the local pumpkin patch. I have to admit, when RA and I found out that we were having an October baby, a trip to the pumpkin patch was the first thing I thought of. Since RF was born late in October, we didn't take him last year, but I knew this year we would get to experience the awe and wonder that a one-year old brings to such an experience. I later admitted to RA that I teared up a bit while we were at the pumpkin patch. This little guy is so much fun and so amazingly curious - he melts my heart. 

Come on, Babu --- I see pumpkins! 

Wow...

Over there, dad - I see more pumpkins over there...

Just walkin' through the pumpkin patch...

Gotta talk to them all...

And touch them all...

Whew...got to take a rest, mama. There's so many pumpkins...

Saturday morning was devoted to putting up RF's birthday present from Nana and Babu - his very own swing. Of course, RF wanted to go outside and help...so...

No need to open the door, mama. I'll go out the doggie door. 

Let me help you, Nana. 

I want a swing this big, mama. 

I can help you put up my swing, Babu...

I think he likes it...

RA was working in the backyard and the water hose he was using managed to catch RF's eye. By the end of it, RF was soaking wet and playing in the mud. Needless to say, RF was in the bathtub before 10:00AM on Saturday. 
A dirty little boy playing in the mud...

I don't even know...he thought it was hilarious to put his face all over the window...silly boy.