Monday, April 29, 2013

Curiosity

RF has become much more curious in the last few weeks. I'm not sure if it's the Hawk in him or just the developmental stage but everything is interesting to him - his hands, our hands, the dogs, his books, the TV remote, even the loaf of bread on the counter. We've found ourselves starting to push everything back on the table/counter so that things are out of his reach.

We've always talked to RF - not in the baby-talk sort of way, but actually talked to him. We tell him what we are doing - if we're putting laundry in the washer or cooking dinner or sweeping up dog hair. We count, we sing our ABC's, we read, and lately we have begun to begin explaining things to him. We explained that we clap when we hear something that we like, that we say "thank you" and "please" to be polite, and today I found myself explaining that he couldn't grab the handle to a pan that was on the stovetop (it wasn't hot - the stovetop wasn't on) because it would hurt him. He's only six months old...we're weird. I know. I suppose it's the teacher in me wanting to teach him everything I can from the cause/effect of touching a pan on the stove to identifying animals and colors in his books. 

Look what I can do, mama...

If only I was a little bit taller...

What TV remote? I don't have the TV remote...

The camera in my hands is more interesting than his toys