Friday, November 16, 2012

Reasons to Give Thanks.

As I watched shoppers snatch up turkeys at the grocery store last night in preparation for Thanksgiving, I began thinking of all the things I am thankful for which includes, but is not limited to...

1. Babies...they are truly little miracles...Robert Franklin is the most amazing little person...
2. Love...it's the best part of life...
3. Husbands...I am lucky enough to have a man that is my best friend...
4. Family...I am lucky enough to have a family that is supportive through everything...
5. Doggies...pure unconditional love...just pure unconditional love...
6. Cameras...to capture all those special moments of life...
7. Coffee...moms know why...
8. YouTube...it has EVERY song imaginable...the song to calm a baby, the song to dance with your husband to, and even songs that teach students history lessons...
9. Pinterest...from dinner ideas, to DIY projects, to the animal page that can always put a smile on my face - LOVE Pinterest...
10. Fall/Winter...definitely my favorite seasons...the holidays, sweaters, soups, and snuggling...
11. Google...as a new mom I find myself with tons of questions and while I don't trust everything I read on the internet, it is nice to be able to get some reassurance to some of those new mom questions without always having to call the pediatrician...
12. Time...time that I can spend with my little family, time that I can rest and re-charge, time that I can sit in silence and just be...
13. Scrapbooking Supplies...to document all life's amazing experiences...
14. Facebook...a resource to share, explore and connect with friends and family...
15. NetFlix, Project Free TV and TV Links...websites that allow me to catch up on my favorite TV shows because, lets face it, life is busy (and life with a baby is even busier...)
16. Hugs and Kisses...because sometimes that's all you need to make things better...
17. Sweatpants...because they're comfortable...that's why...
18. Chocolate...no reason needed...
19. USPS, UPS, and FedEx...knowing that I can order just about anything I need from the comfort of my own home...
20. Chik-Fil-A...for those days when a turkey sandwich just isn't going to cut it...a chicken sandwich, fries and a diet coke hit the spot...
21. Scented Candles...for those moments when I don't have time (or don't want) to clean the house...
22. Nail Polish...it makes me feel put together even when I know I'm not anywhere near put together...
23. My Home...the privilege of taking care of a 110-year old structure and outfitting it with furniture and decorative items that have a story and a history...
24. Smiling/Laughter...when stress gets to you and there are those people (Robert Alan and Robert Franklin) who can put everything into perspective by making you smile/laugh...
25. Life...knowing that I have the opportunity to impact the world in some small way every day..through my role as a wife, mother and teacher...

Our first holiday season with a little one kicks off this weekend with a photo shoot to take our first family Christmas card pictures, then things officially begin next week with Thanksgiving as we celebrate with our families. Also, next week Robert Franklin will be a month old - time truly does fly.

From our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!